Slider

A Date With the Bunny

Thursday, March 26, 2009

For a few weeks now, Hailey has been talking nonstop about the Easter bunny. She knows that he "brings Hailey candy and hides Easter eggs." Any knock on the door and creak in the house and she scurries into our arms and gets about and inch from our face to tell us, "Easter bunny coming!" Needless to say, she's a little obsessed with his impending arrival/visit.

So, last Friday I knew that he was beginning his visits at the malls. Hailey and I went up to South Coast Plaza to visit the infamous Easter bunny. We went specifically to that mall because I knew that their bunny was just a mechanical one (I thought it would be less intimidating than the normal six foot rabbit). When we first got there, it became very clear that there was NO chance that Hailey was going within a 15 foot radius of that thing! After a ride on the carousel, and browsing around in a few shops, it was time to go. As we walked by the bunny on our way to the car, Hailey started crying and telling me that she wanted to go sit with the bunny. What!?

I figured we'd give it one more shot! Well, here is what we ended up with...



are you ready???








Here you go:


*I'm hoping that by next year:
a.) I will no longer need to be in the picture; I could care less to see myself sitting next to a mechanical rabbit;)
b.) I can pay $15 for a picture where my kid is actually smiling
c.) We can graduate to taking a picture with the "real" bunny
d.) We can gracefully leave without my sweet child taking any "practice swings" at the poor little bunny :)

Fun day, folks! Fun day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan